Well, as you can obviously see (if you have ever been here before) the blog has a new theme. I have been looking for a month or so on and off, and I think this one will keep me happy for a year or so.
- Links to my facebook, twitter, and youtube profiles at the top of the sidebar, more to come (Amazon wishlist, etc…).
- Links to random posts about halfway down the sidebar.
- Static page links (about, projects, etc…) have been reorganized and are now in a drop down at the top.
- Comment links are at the top of the post, rather than the bottom where they were. If people complain, this might change, but it was the default in the theme and for now I am leaving it.
- Pretty little icons spread all over (comments, tags, author, etc…)
- Total visits and word written moved from the footer to sidebar. Clicking on “visitors” will take you to the visitors page, where you can see yourself if you want.
- List of all pages at the bottom of each page. Instead of just “Next” and “Previous”, actually specifies page 1 of 115, with links to page 2, 3, 4, beginning, and end.
That should be the gist of the new stuff. There is plenty more new in this theme, some that I haven’t even found yet I’m sure.
Outside of the blog update, I have just been relaxing and looking for jobs. With the rumor of GM announcing bankruptcy and closing 14 plants and 22,000 lay offs tomorrow, I think I am leaving Michigan. With that many GM layoffs and closings, even spread nationwide, Michigan is going to be hit really hard. Add in the effect on suppliers and them issuing layoffs and closings and you are left with a bleak outlook for job seekers, especially new grads without experience yet.
Alright, thats more than I have written in two months right there, so I will leave it at that.